Saturday, February 25, 2012

An Adventure? In My Life? No Way!

Every person dreams on going on an adventure. I have never been exempt from that group of people. I always wanted to go on an amazing adventure, meet the man of my dreams, get married, have kids, and live happily ever after.

I always figured that an adventure would be impossible for me. I live in Idaho! There is no adventure in the bare expanses of this boring place!

I thought that up until about three months ago.



I bought these babies right after Christmas in a giddy After-Christmas sale. I instantly fell in love.

My sister, Rachel, affectionately nick-named them my "Robin Hood Boots", and the name has stuck.

I felt like it would be possible to be in an adventure if I was wearing my adventure boots. Robin Hood had plenty of adventures in similar boots...so why not me?

One of my favorite types of books are adventurous....romance, adventure, conflict, a teeny tiny bit of fantasy to mix it up...you get the picture.

I always want to be the heroine of my own adventure, and reading is a way I could pretend that I am.

When I got these, I also got an awesome black, long coat.

My friend calls it my "ninja coat" she also calls my fun boots "ninja boots". Other friends of mine call it my "secret agent" coat.

After these fabulous nicknames were created...I really got pumped. I want to be in an adventure!

I realized, it is possible. Maybe not in the magnitude I think I want, but it can happen. I can have an adventure, even in the dusty, boring expanses of Idaho. I can change the world if I want, and have a lot of fun doing it.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Your daily adventure of taking the dog for a walk and scooping up after him! That's a lot more fun in ninja gear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, You could just come to vegas for an amazng adventuer. Or, just to see me!!! I mean, vegas is always a blast and I miss ya!!!

    Love forever and always,
    Aubrey Brasier ;)

    ReplyDelete