Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Art of Change

I'm sitting in my PJ's staring out at the sad piles of snow that have melted.



Isn't it so sad? There was almost three inches of snow this morning.

I'm not a big fan of the snow, but it is so scary how fast everything can vanish faster than we can keep track of.

This is especially true of growing up and life.

My baby brother, Ryker, has grown up so much in the two years he's been with our family.


This picture was taken when he was about six months old. He was so little!


Now he's so big, and growing up fast! This was taken just about two weeks ago. As soon as he took the   picture, he said, "Kelly, can I see?". 

He's so adorable, and it makes me so sad to see him grow up so fast.

This is very evident in my own life. 


This was two or more years ago. I think it was attempted murder that I committed on my hair...


This is me as of two weeks ago. I look a lot different. It's insane!

It almost scares me how much I change day to day or even hour to hour.

I look at my self exactly one year ago, and realize I have changed so much. I have gone through so many changes this past year.

If someone would have told me one year ago that I would be in 8th instead of 7th grade, that I would change wards, have a puppy, make amazing friends, and grow more than I have ever in the space of 365 days, I would have told them they were ridiculous, and should go check that they were sane.

All of those things are true right now.

I have learned that change is hard, but it is always worth it. I have also learned that help will always be there through every change we experience.

 "For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments, whether in life or in death; and he that is faithful in tribulation, the ereward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven.
 "Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation.
"For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand."

This one of my absolute favorite scriptures, found in D&C 58:2-4. It helped me through last spring. It encouraged me and told me that I couldn't see, but if I trusted, it would all be okay.



These were some of my best friends the past year.


This song as well, was one that got me through those hard months. It was a great reminder that I am never alone.

Several times I felt like I wanted to give up, but I kept going, knowing I would be better after all these trials, and I would emerge a better person.

My Stake President singled me out the day I heard the heartbreaking news that we would move wards and told me something that has stayed with me.

He said, "In one year, you will say this was a good thing. Just wait."

After it is over, the trial will be a good thing. You will emerge a better person. Just wait.





5 comments:

  1. this was great to read, you are a good writer, thanks for sharing this !!! Keep being happy and embracing all the changes, those are what make us grow !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are growing up to be a wonderful young woman. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! Cute pictures! You are definitely very mature for your age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Kelly! You do write well and I enjoyed very much the thoughts you shared! Thanks and keep writing so I can keep reading! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey woman! I also left you a liebster award deal on my blog! Check it out! Pass it on!

    ReplyDelete